According to new research by Uswitch, two-thirds of drivers are putting their future car insurance payouts at risk by making simple and frivolous mistakes that could void their policy out entirely such as wearing heels or flip flops whilst driving!
It seems that many drivers are completely unaware that these mistakes could result in insurance payouts being rejected. Errors such as hanging objects from your rear view mirror, forgetting to strap in your dog or forgetting to lock your car could all invalidate your car insurance!
The latest data from the ABI shows that over 43,000 car insurance claims are rejected a year.
Common mistakes that can invalidate your insurance are:
- Wearing high heels or flip flops while driving – 25%
- Leaving car unlocked – 24%
- Putting off car maintenance when required – 21%
- Forgetting to renew their car MOT on time – 16%
- Letting pet(s) roam free in the car – 15%
- Lent car to a friend or family member – 14%
- Not updated details after changing jobs – 9%
- Attached fluffy dice, or another object, to rear-view mirror – 9%
- Forgetting to renew tax – 9%
- Underestimating mileage travelled every day – 8%
Like this story?
Get more content on our Facebook page.